40 underground:some thoughts


This could be another post on: "40 things you should have done by forty" or "40 places you should have visited" or this... and that...and that too! Haven't you noticed? All those posts that give us advice about how to work and be a parent and get degrees and do the required networking and confront our bosses and climb the ladder of success....all those who actually tell us how to live OUR lives!

But no. This post is not about all those things. Today I became 40. A number of age that in our western culture is burdened with so many requirements. I won't even bother to name a few; I know all of you out there have some idea about what I am talking about. I decided for this one to dedicate my words to what 40 means to ME. And I would be more than thrilled if you all shared your thoughts because this things are different for each and every one of us...and that's the beauty of it!

So 40 for me means lots of beautiful and stressful things the same time. I feel that time is not endless but that is actually motivating. It forces me to do things that quite scared me few years back and that's a good thing. Things like deciding to get pregnant and have my baby girl - oh what a blessing!! Or completing my thesis around a topic that really interested me and gave me so much pleasure - fashion through feminist lens, I learnt so many wonderful things can't wait to share them with you. Or slowing down for a moment and smell ...the fresh baked banana bread( don't have roses but this will do!!). Or enjoying a good movie at home with a glass of red wine and a hug on the sofa after baby have slept. Or stop worrying every day about the future and how my career will evolve.

Because I still haven't decided how I intend to continue my life professionally. YES I know I am 40 already but what if I am a late bloomer?? What if I have just found what truly interests me  and go for it? It is time we stopped living our lives according to stereotypes and rules - if there is one thing that I've learnt by studying feminism this is it. But more about this topic later, this blog is about dive deep into how feminist ideals can make our lives bloom...

To conclude...I intend from now on to take one step at a time and don't let fear and preconcepted ideas keep me from living the life I actually wish to live. That's my birthday gift to myself I guess...here's to the next 40!

Love you all for keep visiting this place.

Lots, lots of kisses and hugs,

y ❤

PS.: I recently grabbed my hands on this long coveted instant camera and played with it(!) as you can see at the above photo. I loooove polaroids! I love them because they capture feelings, moments, places and are far from perfect. Perfectionism has destroyed all the fun that taking a picture is suppose to be at the first place,don't you think?






Comments